For instant access to any bookmark in Safari (and probably Firefox) you can set up a keyboard shortcut to automatically open the bookmarked website.
1) Go to Safari and note the exact title for the bookmark(s) you want to quickly access. In my case, it’s “wells”, “amex”, and “ing” – my banking sites.
2) Go to Apple Menu (top left of screen), System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, and click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
3) Click “+” in bottom left corner.
4) Set “Safari” as Application
5) Under “Menu Title:” type the exact name of the bookmark you want to make the shortcut for (i.e. “wells” with no quotes).
6) And then in the bottom box type the keystroke you’d like to use for a shortcut (I’m using control+option+command+1):
That’s it. Now, if you go back to Safari and press your shortcut key, the bookmarked site should open (no need to reset Safari).