I just stumbled upon a method for moving contacts (Address Book), calendar events (iCal), and bookmarks (Safari) from your iPhone to Mac. This will be useful if your hard drive died, computer was stolen or lost, or if you’re moving from a PC to a Mac (i.e. your iPhone was previous synced with a PC and you want to move the synced info to your Mac!):
1) Open iTunes (update first if you don’t have the latest version)
2) Connect iPhone.
3) Select your iPhone (under Devices) and click the Info tab at the top.
4) Select ONLY “Sync Address Book contacts,” “Sync iCal calendars,” and “Sync Safari bookmarks.”
5) Make sure nothing is checked below “Replace information on this iPhone.”
6) Click Apply (bottom right).
7) This pop-up display will ask if you want to Replace (on your iPhone) or Merge the data, select Merge Info.
After a few minutes, it’s done — all the Address Book contacts, iCal calendars, and Safari bookmarks have now been transfered from your iPhone to your Mac.
Note: iCal calendar groups and calendar colors don’t sync, as they aren’t available on the iPhone.
If necessary, you can use the Backup/Export features in Safari, Address Book, and iCal to move the data into another user account (if you’re not starting over from scratch).