In a few minutes, you’ll receive an email with your TICKET NUMBER. Be sure to write this ticket number somewhere on the package you send to us. CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER IF YOU DON’T SEE OUR EMAIL.
1. Clearly write your full name and “BAD” on the bad hard drive(s). Please ensure this name matches the name on your Mail-in Form.
2. Wrap your hard drive(s) with at least 3-4” of bubble wrap on all sides. This is the most important step, do not skimp on bubble wrap and do not use styrofoam packing peanuts.
• Pack your hard drive(s) in a medium or large sturdy box with enough bubble wrap to ensure the hard drive doesn’t move around.
3. If your bad drive is an external hard drive and you have already removed the enclosure, do not re-assemble it and do not send it to us. Keep the enclosure (just to be safe) and only send us the bare hard drive.
4. If you have a hard drive, ensure the ORIGINAL PCB is attached (this only applies if you tried a “PCB swap”).
5. If you supply a transfer drive, it must be included in the same box as your bad drive. Write your full name and “GOOD” on the transfer drive. Be sure to see our rules for providing a transfer drive (in particular, the drive must an external hard drive or a bare SATA drive, no flash drives).
We do not need any USB cables (not for the Transfer Drive, or the “bad” drive). But, if your Transfer Drive uses an AC adapter (that is: you don’t have a “portable” drive, powered from the USB cable), you must include this AC adapter. We don’t need the AC adapter for your “bad” drive (if it used one).
6. Send us your hard drive(s) using whichever carrier you prefer (we use and recommend USPS). Tracking is optional but recommended.
Address and ship your package to:
300 Dollar Data Recovery
11390 Ventura Blvd. Suite #5
Studio City, CA 91604
Don’t forget to write your ticket number on the box/package.
*We highly recommend international customers include a return shipping label and pre-filled custom forms.
After we receive your package, we will send you an e-mail to quickly review our policies and rate. The e-mail will be sent to you from . Please add this e-mail (or just the “@300dollardatarecovery.com” domain) to your address book, or whitelist, to avoid losing it in your spam or junk folder.
If you do not see an e-mail from $300 Data Recovery in your inbox, please check your junk or spam folder in case it was erroneously filed there. We can not start working on your drive until you have confirmed our policies. If you want to provide an additional phone number or e-mail address to make sure we can reach you, please let us know.
Can we recover your failed hard drive, SSD, flash drive, or RAID?
Click below to submit our Chances Form and you'll hear back from a data recovery technician in minutes!