1) Download the .zip file from the link we sent you.
2) Double-click to unzip and extract the files to a new folder. If the .exe file doesn’t appear after extracting the files, you need to disable any anti-virus software and unzip/extract again.
3) You’ll see two files with “.acerep” extensions. One begins with “Good” and the other “Bad.” The “Good” file listing shows all the fully recovered files, while “Bad” shows files that weren’t 100% recovered (they may still work, but chances are they will not or will show some signs of corruption).
4) Open the “DEViewer.exe” application (if you get a message asking to “extract all” or “run” — click “extract all” and then open the DEViewer.exe file that you extracted).
5) From within the DEViewer application, click the “Open File Report” icon (top left; looks like a folder), and choose the “Good” or “Bad” .acerep file. Only open one file listing at a time (otherwise, the program may freeze).
Can we recover your failed hard drive, SSD, flash drive, or RAID?
Click below to submit our Chances Form and you'll hear back from a data recovery technician in minutes!